1. — Do you think it’s a good idea to make friends with your students？
—_______，I do. I think it’s a great idea.
2. The questionnaire takes _______ ten to fifteen minutes to complete and can be used along with the assessment interview.
3. In the good care of the nurses，the boy is recovering from his heart operation _______.
4. The incomes of skilled workers went up. _______，unskilled workers saw their earnings fall.
1. moreover adv. 而且，再者，此外，加之
The firm did the work very well. Moreover，the cost was not too high.
The price is too high，and moreover it isn’t in a suitable position.
2. therefore adv. 因此，所以
He was busy；therefore he could not come.
The new trains have more powerful engines and are therefore faster.
3. otherwise adv. 否則，不然
You must pay your taxes on time；otherwise，you will be punished.
You must work hard；otherwise you will not learn English well.
4. meanwhile adv. 與此同時，在此期間
They’ll be here in ten minutes. Meanwhile，we’ll have some coffee.
Jane was painting the wall and meanwhile Pat was watching TV.
5. practically adv. 幾乎，簡直，差不多；實際上，事實上
The holidays are practically over；there is only one day left.
Practically，we have solved all these problems.
6. gradually adv. 逐漸地
Things gradually improved.
And gradually their talk ceased；long silence followed.
7. actually adv. 實際上，事實上，說實在的
Actually that’s not quite right.
He talks big but doesn’t actually do anything.
8. approximately adv. 大約，大概
The accident happened at approximately 5：30.
These visits had continued regularly，approximately every third week.
9. generally adv. 通常，一般，廣泛地，普遍地
Doctors generally work long hours.
Generally he watches TV for two hours in the evening.
10. obviously adv. 明顯地，顯然
He was obviously drunk.
He found a young and beautiful girl，who kept shouting and crying，obviously mad.
11. however adv. （表示轉折）可是，然而
My room is small；however，it’s comfortable.
He said that it was so；he was mistaken，however.
12. extremely adv. 極其，非常
I admire his courage extremely.
I can’t work because your radio is extremely loud.
13. narrowly adv. 勉強地，差點沒
He narrowly escaped being run over.
He narrowly missed being seriously injured.
14. occasionally adv. 偶爾，間或
We only have dinner parties very occasionally these days.
It’s all right to borrow money occasionally，but don’t let it become a habit.
15. eventually adv. 最后，終于
He worked so hard that eventually he made himself ill.
We waited three days for the letter and eventually it came. 我們等了三天，信終于來了。
1. The committee is discussing the problem right now, _____it will have been solved by the end of next week.
2. Progress so far has been very good. _______，we are sure that the project will be completed on time.
3. He began to take political science _______only when he left school.
4. She devoted herself to her research _______and it earned her a good reputation in her field.
5. —Hi，Mark. How was the musical evening？
—Excellent！Ales and Andy performed _______ and they won the first prize.
6. As he works in a remote area，he visits his parents only______.
報名咨詢: 柳老師 15527095332
報名咨詢: 柳老師 15527095332